WE ALL KNOW THE ROAD TO SUCCESS CAN BE A TRICKY ONE, JOIN ME WHILE I FIND OUT.
Oprah Wannabe



Thursday 23 October 2008

HAVING YOUR FINGERS IN MANY PIES…

Is this wrong? This OPRAH WANNABE is very ambitious and in order for me to get it right with one of my many business venture ideas (if not all), I have to have my fingers in many pies… right? Some may say this is greedy, but is it? I’m 29 years old so I’m still young enough to have the energy to juggle several things at once. (Well this may not be the case since I had ‘boss lady’ and lost my brain cells during pregnancy and they haven’t all return during post pregnancy), but you know what I mean. I’m determined to be successful in my endeavours and with my ambition, comes a brain that doesn’t stop working overtime, trying to developing yet another business ideas which could possibly work. You know, the money focussed ones, not the ones which I have a particular passion for or interest to. Those ideas I will do regardless, as they bring happiness to my life and is what I enjoy.

I used to be quite an open individual, telling anyone who would listen my life plans. One day a friend of my ex, who I was close to at the time, said he loved my openness and my fearlessness. Openness to talk to anyone and fearlessness towards the people I was open to, stabbing me in the back with things we had discussed. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t and am not stupid enough to tell my life story and personal stuff to any old Tom, Dick or Harry, however, I do believe in giving people a chance and having a bit of trust up front… does this make sense? It’s the way my parents raised me… (Even if I do feel they both allow people to walk over them!) Anyway, my openness to talk about my business endeavours, life goals etc, skewed slightly when I started trying to build on my many ‘business ideas’ and those, or should I say one person in particular, who I considered to be closed to me, starting ‘watching’ me with his/her green eyes. Why can’t people just be happy for each other? Scrap that, why can’t people who you consider to be ‘friends’ just be happy for you. Instead when you phone or speak to them to let them know how you’re progressing in life, you hear or see in their eyes, that ‘green light’ flickering. I’m able to spot it almost immediately nowadays and the times it happens, I’m extremely pissed off in the first instance. Eventually my vexness turns to motivation, but its annoying this happens amongst our peers, surely we should all support each other? I mean, all of my close girlfriends are ambitious, all doing their own thing and I know when they are excited, gushing over their recent achievements, I’m there gushing with them, after all, there is nothing like a successful woman. So why isn’t everyone like this? And why is it when I had a conversation with someone about my business plans many moons ago, they said to me “you’re greedy, you have your fingers in too many pies”…

…In the words of the infamous So Solid Crew... “So many haters”…

2 comments:

  1. Keep doing what you're doing! Use their jealousy as your fuel....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely friend. I too have observed this many times. It is hard for your friend to see you achieve success as it makes them feel like low achievers, when they are not. They just don't have the same hunger that you have or the same motivations. Keep your plans to yourself like the little red hen.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.