WE ALL KNOW THE ROAD TO SUCCESS CAN BE A TRICKY ONE, JOIN ME WHILE I FIND OUT.
Oprah Wannabe



Wednesday 15 October 2008

AUNTY DID YOU LIE?




Do you remember when Cheryl Cole was reported in the national tabloid press for apparently beating up on an ‘Aunty’ in the toilets of a night club? It’s like it had the same effect on black Britons. All of us routed for her on ITV’s reality show Popstars, when she was battling it out with the other Girls Aloud wannabe’s to make the band. I even remember voting for her and I only vote for those I truly like on this addictive but oh so necessary reality show! She came across so down to earth and was a popular choice by all, including the black general public. So when pictures of this Ghanaian Aunty appeared in all the red tops, I with every other black person was absolutely gutted, she had been reported to have APPARENTLY committed such an attack on another human being… especially an ‘elder’. You know how we have to have respect for our elders!

So, you can imagine the pain I’m now going through to stop myself from liking her, now she’s on The X Factor. Damn her! She comes across so personable, funny and REAL, which is why I’m sure we all liked her in the first place. I’m ashamed to admit, but I’ve even gone to the length of trying to justify my new like towards her, that maybe the media just sensationalised what happened. Maybe she did have an argument with ‘Aunty Comfort’ whilst in the club toilets and then Aunty claimed she was beaten up by her as she knew who Cheryl was! God I’m so fickle… I’m ashamed.
Plus, it doesn’t help that when she’s not busy looking like a W.A.G, which by the way is a look I can’t stand… All that big hair and oversized sunglasses which are clearly too big for their lollipop heads, I just don’t get. However, everyone has their off days and I believe of recent, Cheryl has more than made up for these fashion faux pas. Just check out these pictures of her looking, classy, pretty and on trend. Aghhh! I’m so gone! Fickle, fickle, fickle… that’s me. Hey, but seriously, Aunty could have made the whole thing up, I lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.